Progress Post One

I started my exploration into this assignment by looking into vectors and the gravity functions within grasshopper to create a wind map pattern for the 'sail' for my desk light - i am interested in 3D printing on the surface of my fabric to create a subtle pattern that will come to life when the light is on and the room is dark. The inspirations for this design are the sails of Junk ships and the wind that they rely on.

example of a Chinese Junk Ship

Image result for wind pattern map
example of wind patterns


I have been working from this very helpful tutorial to help me out with these new functions.

Unfortunately my sad PC at home cannot process or render this very well so i will have to use the computers at the school to render out what i want from this - i want to tailor this patch more to my idea and make it more of my own.

(This is the best my PC can do at the moment) 

(hello darkness my old friend)

Soon i will also be patching the light body and picking up the parts i need for the LED's - i already have the filament and fabric i will be using acquired, all that needs to be finished is the programming! and its smooth sailing from there

Comments