Baby's First Grasshopper Definition

Overall i had a good time playing around with Grasshopper, even though those tutorials were dry as as anything I try to cook.

When I start out with a new program like this my explorations are usually based around 'how bad can I break it' and 'wow what does this do' which is exactly what i did after i finished the assigned videos which is what happened when I divided points on two circles to see what would happen if I drew curves, this is what happened:



After that i moved onto the interpolate tool and experimented binding the values to three different circles which had been divided and then applied to pulled points, i then connected those points to the interpolate tool: 


This function then generated some interesting looking curves, which i then baked and copy pasted a bunch of times into this: 



Any of the issues I ran into using Grasshopper were based around myself being new to the program which will improve overtime. I am excited to see what kind of models I can generate in the future when I become better versed. Most of the questions i had about the program were answered by hovering over the functions of the bubbles, fortunately there are several functions within the program that allow for some hand-holding.

I am interested in creating more complex designs as I learn the program more and then specifically printing onto fabric using some TPU that I have sitting around, as an experiment in exporting curves into a slicer, flat designs and seeing if the TPU will dye alongside fabric. It will be an effective combination as the designs will stay highly flexible, with room for heat forming.

Comments